Top Links

Combination of art and business

When I trace back to the time when I first started painting, I can remember that I approached art one-dimensionally; it served a function no greater than a mirror. The abilities to merely reflect what I saw and imagined became an achievement of utmost importance, and I pursued that path of art for quite some time before I realized that a replica is nothing more than a depiction of a transient phenomenon that is forgotten and distorted over time. I wanted to supersede human's unreliable memory, demonstrate the concrete and the eternal, and provide for the mankind a window through which the most sincere memories and pure emotions are invoked.

Around that time I joined UNICEF and World Youth Model Congress. I always sought to stimulate an interest of world issues among my peers. Because of my background in art required me to know how to express myself to others both lucidly and creatively. The responsibilities that I assumed in my extracurricular activities accordingly involved convincing others that our cause was a worthy one. I then began to paint with a purpose, to suggest to the world what pure happiness is. To do so, I honed my communication skills by striving to deliver a consistent message through diverse techniques and media by including an element of happiness.

 I read an article on Lucaas Simoes Through art, it expresses men's internal and external egos as well as various emphasis placef on their lives. All of men want to live happily, be loved with others, and concurrent to these basic desires is the main theme of this piece. To show such desires in fun and pleasant ways, he uses various repetitive materials which he perceived as diversity of people, experiences, and values, whereas the processes through which the pieces were completed suggest hints to help viewers understand his thoughts in creation. 

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog article to be very interesting - I really like how you express your values and your interpretation of people in your artwork. Also, I think it's great that you're trying to incorporate two elements and industries into 1 - often art and business are thought of as incompatible and striving to combine the two really show your ambition. However, perhaps write a few sentences on the article you read? Other than that, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you talk about how your perspective on art changed- from just 2D to actually mean something more than just what's on the surface. I think it's really good that you're incorporating two different aspects of your life- unicef and worth youth congress with your art, primarily through communication! Deep stuff!

    ReplyDelete